Here are 5 ways you can save the environment and your hard-earned money.
1. Turn off your monitor and let yourself and your computer rest. Use Sleep mode. A screen saver needs 65 watts of electricity and Sleep Mode uses 4.
2. Plastic water bottles take centuries to degrade and lots of resources to produce. Use one refillable bottle instead.
3. Walk. For close-distance travels, get yourself outside and use the power of your own feet or bike to arrive at your destination, rather than fossil fuels.
4. Spare the dishwasher one load and find the zen of washing dishes (don’t leave the water running). Although dishwashers may use less water than washing by hand, they use a lot of electricity.
5. Use rags and old washcloths for cleaning instead of paper towels.